Find a Cure
Join the Cause
Join the fight against alpha-gal syndrome, with a donation to the Alpha-gal Allergy Research Fund. Funds are urgently needed for the best and brightest researchers to conduct critical clinical trials and other work.
Donate to the Alpha-gal Allergy Research Fund–Click Here!
Visit Dr. Commin’s Alpha-gal Allergy Website–Click Here!
A Call for Support by Dr. Scott Commins, MD, PhD
- The Projects
We have exciting projects that I believe will form important clinical trials for alpha-gal allergy, including:
- A collaboration to develop an under-the-tongue nanoparticle treatment
- A vaccine to prevent additional tick bites from prolonging the allergy
- The use of an existing medication in a novel way for food allergy desensitization
In addition, we are working with leaders in agriculture to make available alpha-gal deficient pigs (which would be a safe source of heart valves, heparin, gelatin and even pork meat).
- An Urgent Need for Funds
- I need help to bring these projects to fruition quickly.
- Funding agencies have largely ignored alpha-gal allergy, believing it to be an inconvenience to adults who simply miss eating red meat.
- You and I both know it goes well beyond not ordering prime rib. Therefore, I am embarking on a campaign for alpha-gal allergy that will fund advances in patient care and scientific work for the next five years.
- A Campaign for Alpha-gal Allergy
Longitudinal support will allow me to:
- Establish a website for up-to-date alpha-gal allergy information
- Create a registry to document the need for increased awareness
- Begin much needed clinical trials
- Hire the brightest scientists
- Train the next generation of doctors about alpha-gal allergy
- Ultimately, discover a treatment for the allergy