Help Find a Cure
Donate to the Alpha-gal Allergy Research Fund
Join the Cause!
Help fund efforts to develop treatments with a donation to the Alpha-gal Allergy Research Fund. Funds are urgently needed for the best and brightest researchers to conduct critical clinical trials and other work.
Donate to the Alpha-gal Allergy Research Fund–Click Here!
Visit Dr. Commin’s Alpha-gal Allergy Website–Click Here!
A Call for Support by Dr. Scott Commins, MD, PhD
We have exciting projects that I believe will form important clinical trials for alpha-gal allergy, including:
- A collaboration to develop an under-the-tongue nanoparticle treatment
- A vaccine to prevent additional tick bites from prolonging the allergy
- The use of an existing medication in a novel way for food allergy desensitization
In addition, we are working with leaders in agriculture to make available alpha-gal deficient pigs (which would be a safe source of heart valves, heparin, gelatin and even pork meat).
An Urgent Need for Funds
- I need help to bring these projects to fruition quickly.
- Funding agencies have largely ignored alpha-gal allergy, believing it to be an inconvenience to adults who simply miss eating red meat.
- You and I both know it goes well beyond not ordering prime rib. Therefore, I am embarking on a campaign for alpha-gal allergy that will fund advances in patient care and scientific work for the next five years.
A Campaign for Alpha-gal Allergy
Longitudinal support will allow me to:
- Establish a website for up-to-date alpha-gal allergy information
- Create a registry to document the need for increased awareness
- Begin much needed clinical trials
- Hire the brightest scientists
- Train the next generation of doctors about alpha-gal allergy
- Ultimately, discover a treatment for the allergy
All the information on alphagalinformation.org is provided in good faith, but we, the creators and authors of the Alpha-gal Information website offer no representation or warranty, explicit or implied, of the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any information on this site. Under no circumstances should we have any liability for any loss or damage incurred by you as a result of relying on information provided here. We are not physicians or medical professionals, researchers, or experts of any kind. Information provided in this website may contain errors and should be confirmed by a physician. Information provided here is not medical advice. It should not be relied upon for decisions about diagnosis, treatment, diet, food choice, nutrition, or any other health or medical decisions. For advice about health or medical decisions including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, diet, and health care consult a physician.
READ FULL DISCLAIMER>