A project of the Alpha-gal Syndrome Awareness Campaign
The Epidemic You’ve Never Heard of
about alpha-gal syndrome
# 1 trigger of anaphylaxis with a definitive cause, in a Tennessee study
#1 cause of new adult onset allergy and anaphylaxis in the South and largely in the eastern U.S.
More than 20% of the over 25 million people in VA, NC, and TN alone test positive for alpha-gal IgE.
Over 60% of people with AGS have anaphylactic reactions
Have you been bitten by a tick?
Do you get sick in the middle of the night after eating red meat?
Do you have unexplained anaphylaxis, hives, abdominal pain, reflux, or arthritis?
You may have alpha-gal syndrome.
Sign up for a FARE webinar on alpha-gal syndrome!
What is AGS?
Diagnosis and Testing
Where is alpha-gal syndrome?
Help Find a Cure
Patient Recommended Physicians
Want to Learn More?
Sign Up for Our Mailing List to Receive Updates
- We are adding new resources every week.
- More videos from Dr. Oz and Dr. Commins, coming soon!
- AGS and Food, including an AGS food database, coming soon!
- A Guide to Personal Care Products, coming soon!
- Join now to become a part of our AGS community!