Where Is AGS?
Where Is Alpha-gal Syndrome?
- Alpha-gal syndrome is found on every continent except Antarctica.
- In the U.S., alpha-gal syndrome is found in areas where the Lone Star Tick lives.
- Currently, the Lone Star Tick is found in the southeastern United States, all along the East Coast, and in the Midwest.
- Lone Star Tick populations are growing.
- The range of the Lone Star Tick is expanding.
- Not surprisingly, alpha-gal syndrome is on the rise.
This map shows the distribution of alpha-gal syndrome in the United States.